Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 04-18-11, 12:45 AM   #5
Blauhung
Lurking Renovator

Now that I'm a home owner and starting to get over the first few years of debt issues, the wife and I can start on fun projects. SOOOO, my current outline of what i would like to do is very similar to AC_hackers project of doing radiant floor heating with the hot supplied by a ground source heat pump. I'll leave it here for now untill i can work my way through the last of your thread to make sure I'm not presenting too much information that may have already been stated

1. Drill or excavate pipe into the back yard
right now looks like mostly its a cost analysis of what is cheaper
a) renting a backhoe for a day or so and dropping in pipe (and dealing with the wife yelling at me to fix the dead grassless patch in the back yard)
b) sourcing some home made drilling equipment (and dealing with the wife yelling at me to fill in the death traps)
-drilling sounds more fun just on the principal of sourcing all the stuff I need and problem solving, and costs for transporting a backhoe to the house are kinda high, so drilling might end up cheaper. So option b will probably take longer, but might be cheaper and more fun, leaning that way
Blauhung is offline   Reply With Quote