View Single Post
Old 01-12-11, 06:34 AM   #26
RobertSmalls
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
Where in Buffalo are you ?

I'm from N.T. originally.
I was born and raised in Orchard Park, lived in Amherst and North Buffalo while going to UB, and now I live in Cheektowaga and work in Lancaster. I'm thinking about buying in the village of Lancaster, because I'd get neighbors who actually care about the neighborhood.

Where in the northeast did you escape to?

MN, that's part of why I make sure the driveway and lawn are small enough to handle with corded electric appliances. There will be no small engines, except maybe in a project car, and that would have a good evap system. But still, is it appropriate to have air exchange between a garage and a house? How about attaching the garage attic to the house to claim additional square feet of interior space?

I could boost my square foot count, assuming a finished attic bed-room counts towards the total. If I can't get my square feet high enough, I might have to live farther out in the country than I wanted to. Before I resign myself to that, though, I would petition a few Towns for a variance, explaining that I'm a non-poor, trendy individual (), and though I'm proposing to put up a small house, it's not a trailer, and I'll be a worthwhile member of the community.

I would also place the two car garage next to the house, so that people looking from the street don't know there's not more house behind the garage. It will have the appearance of being larger than it really is. Perhaps a street-facing dormer in the attic would improve the appearance of the house by giving the illusion that the house has two complete floors.
RobertSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote