View Single Post
Old 08-29-12, 10:10 AM   #264
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
My supplier said oh just nail it up underneath about a ft apart and you'll be toasty warm. Hmm. Free advise is allways worth what you paid for it. However it made my education a lot of work and money to replace the non-functioning system. Looking at some of the suppiers still supporting the staple up augmented by plates I question the performances. Maybe we need to look at it like a old carbarated engine verses fuel injection. Uponor and warm board being newer and maybe a lot more effecient. Who here wouldn't like 50 mpg.
randen,

[* randen = Strathroy, Ontario, Canada... Average Heating Degree Days = 8002, based on 68 degree F base temperature. *]

You're absolutely right, we all want 50 mpg.

It might be useful if you shared a little more of your hydronic heating story...

Maybe a bit about your house, heated floor area, it's insulation (attic, walls, floor), windows, etc. and what you tried that didn't work and what you have come up with that does work (including tubing spacing, plates, floor coverings. etc.). Are you able to use any solar to heat your house? As I recall you have a commercially installed heat pump for your house, right? Is it ASHP or GSHP? Is it heating air or hydronic?

Best,

-AC