View Single Post
Old 05-03-10, 06:15 AM   #143
Daox
Administrator

I had the mower out for the first time this year. Mowed half the yard (on two charges). The batteries lasted a LOT longer on the 2nd charge, so they definitely need to be woken up (they don't last as long after sitting for long periods and need to be 'exercised'). Mowed great, still need the pulley's resized though for more run time and reasonable speeds. I also noticed my drive belt is slipping so I'll need to adjust that as well. In addition to that, I need to get some permanent wiring in there. I'm still using alligator clips to power the contactor and on/off switch as well as the voltmeter.

I gotta say, I love the mower. After basically wheeling the mower out of the garage, and giving the batteries a quick top off charge I was mowing without any problems. After mowing I got out my gas powered weed wacker... just pull after pull and even after it was running it wasn't running good. What a pain. I'll be replacing that soon with a Ryobi 18V lithium ion trimmer that HomeDepot is selling. I'll write up a review once I've used it a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote