View Single Post
Old 07-01-16, 11:33 AM   #2
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMPHIS91 View Post
Hey guys so here is the story, good ole Mississippi loves to throw you a curve ball, right now it is 82F 42% RH in my house. Outside it is 76F 55% RH. And will get down to about 68-72F tonight/morning. I WANT THAT BASICALLY FREE AC!!!

I want the temp without the moisture. Here are my thoughts, during the summer months I install a homemade air to air exchanger that runs anytime that the outside temp drops 2F lower than the inside temp. I can install these in the windows? Stealing the temp while leaving the moisture outside, if I just opened the windows my house would turn into a mop..... mold..... mildew.... death......

I know I am going to have to move A LOT of air to make any real difference.

Just an idea, 6 inch piece of foam board wedged at the bottom of window, 2 4" holes leading to X length of Everbilt 4 in. x 6 ft. Semi-Rigid Aluminum Duct with Collars-AM46HD - The Home Depot and then back into the house all powered with a LOW power fan.

Ideas? Thoughts? Does this all ready exist? I know about HRVs and stuff but this is different. All I want is the temp NOT the outside air.

Thanks guys, Shalom
If you ran water through a ground loop and through an air heat exchanger, you will drop temp, but you will have water condensing on the fins of your HX (because you will have raised the RH), so you will have gotten rid of some of the water. If you then run this air through an A/C you will drop the temp and more water, but it will not have to do as much work as before.

Cheapest way out is to move to Maine for the summer.

Best,

-AC