View Single Post
Old 06-30-16, 08:43 PM   #1
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Air to Air Heat Exchanger

Hey guys so here is the story, good ole Mississippi loves to throw you a curve ball, right now it is 82F 42% RH in my house. Outside it is 76F 55% RH. And will get down to about 68-72F tonight/morning. I WANT THAT BASICALLY FREE AC!!!

I want the temp without the moisture. Here are my thoughts, during the summer months I install a homemade air to air exchanger that runs anytime that the outside temp drops 2F lower than the inside temp. I can install these in the windows? Stealing the temp while leaving the moisture outside, if I just opened the windows my house would turn into a mop..... mold..... mildew.... death......

I know I am going to have to move A LOT of air to make any real difference.

Just an idea, 6 inch piece of foam board wedged at the bottom of window, 2 4" holes leading to X length of Everbilt 4 in. x 6 ft. Semi-Rigid Aluminum Duct with Collars-AM46HD - The Home Depot and then back into the house all powered with a LOW power fan.

Ideas? Thoughts? Does this all ready exist? I know about HRVs and stuff but this is different. All I want is the temp NOT the outside air.

Thanks guys, Shalom