View Single Post
Old 02-01-14, 05:43 PM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default Septic tank Repair. Just a shi*** job.

My tank was not flowing we have had crazy rain I called the Septic pumper guys and they said it would be a week before they could get to me. The suggested that I uncover it and see if I could see any issues.
I did and it was plugged from the house to the tank very easy fix. But the out let was eroded away so I called the Septic guy he said call a Plummer to get it fixed. I found a video on you tube on how to fix it not fun but not a really hard job.

I bought Polylok PL-68 Effluent Filter $51
Polylok Extend and Lok™ $22
With shipping $81.25 not bad.
Septic Tank Effluent Filters, PL-122 Effluent Filter, PL-68 Effluent Filter, Sim/Tech Bristle Filters
I still needed a 4” coupler and a very short piece 4” pipe.
We are back in business. I never had to repair a septic tank before but it is now done.
Maybe this will help someone else.

As you can see in the picture you don't want the solids to go out to the drain field.

I know this is not a pleasant thing to look at or talk about but $90 is a lot better than $300-$400 for a repair. Or if you don’t do the repair you have to replace your drain field at some point.

Both my boys helped me with this job. I think they learned something and they helped me to cover it back up.

Attached Images

Last edited by pinballlooking; 10-02-15 at 12:38 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
RobbMeeX (02-02-14)