EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-15, 05:18 PM   #1
Goatherder
Lurking Renovator

Default Hello from Tennessee

Hi everyone.

I was surfing the web for info on a Beam T-60B LP gas regulator for my generator and found this forum.
I'm a past-middle-age DIY homesteader, bicycle mechanic, wilderness tour-guide (3 seasons only), and goat herder and I battle appliances on the side as a hobby.

I know nothing about nearly everything and I have a unique set of skills, based on my life experiences.
So ask me a question and I may or may not know a good answer.

Is there anyone here that's experienced with portable propane generators?
My current quest involves hooking up an elderly and temperamental (early 2000s) 6000W China Honda clone LPgas generator to a bulk tank. So far I've not had any success in getting it to run; there seems to be a gas pressure problem.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Bright blessings to all,
Goatherder

Goatherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-15, 08:38 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site Goatherder. It sounds like you'll fit right in.

I'd recommend starting a thread for your generator in the Appliance & Gadgets sub forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-15, 02:07 PM   #3
elhigh
Helper EcoRenovator

I found these guys:

https://www.propanecarbs.com/

They can probably hook you up with whatever you need, they even mention the Beam brand specifically.
elhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-15, 01:18 PM   #4
Goatherder
Lurking Renovator

Sorry I dropped off the radar for a while.
I work in the tourism industry, and we suddenly got incredibly busy.
Lots of people want to raft, kayak, mountain bike, hike, etc, and I get to take them out.

I talked to the folks at propane carbs dot com, and while they know a lot, they said that unless I buy one of their conversion kits they cannot really help me.

I also corresponded with the helpful staff at US Carburetion, Inc., uscarb dot com, and they have the Beam T-60B regulator, which I'll probably order next time I have a few spare moments.

Right now I'm still trying to figure out if 10psi is enough starting pressure for that regulator.

Using a pressure gauge, I've ascertained that the generator's China-made double diaphragm pressure regulator (which looks like a copy of the Beam) will run on pressure as low as 4 psi, but it will not start up on anything less than 100psi.