View Single Post
Old 10-26-09, 11:45 AM   #58
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
I transported the whole thing, in one trip in my tiny Honda Insight. The inside unit was in the passenger's seat. So, I must have set the compressor unit on its side.

I think (guessing here...) that it's advisable to let a couple of hours pass after the unit has been turned to the upright position, before you power it up. I have heard this before... I don't know if this is refrigeration folk lore, or if it is really specified practice. It seems reasonable to me, as I would think that it would allow time for the refrigerant and lubricant to settle into their proper places. For me, the unit was in the upright position for couple of weeks, due to other demands.

Best Regards,

-AC_Hacker

%%%%%%%%%%%%
I'm getting deja vu of bringing home my the 42" Plasma TV from Sears..

My permit should come in the mail this week sometimes, so I'm not
looking to hookup the power for a while.

Besides, it's going to take a few days to get my new FieldPiece SVG2 vacuum gauge.. (US Postal Service - Priority Mail).

My mission for today is to get it home without doing much damage to my old back..

Thanks for the info!

Edit: I'm going to bring the camera, in cause of shipping damage, so I should have some
pics to post this evening.

Found a store 2 miles from my house that sells all sorts of HVAC stuff (no Micron vac gauges)
and they have SlimDuct stuff in stock..
Airtec Products - Lineset Protection
It really looks like nice stuff..

I wonder how well that setup drains with a sideways water hose?

Last edited by Xringer; 10-26-09 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: notes:
Xringer is offline   Reply With Quote