Thread: Mini HPWH
View Single Post
Old 11-15-16, 06:37 AM   #61
IdleMind
Helper EcoRenovator

Ron-thanks for the tip on the temp logger, I have some old computers that could be dedicated to this project so I should look into that. For now, I have a system that works good for me. I read and enter the data in the order it appears on the spread sheet. I have a lookup table in the spreadsheet so the TofP1 & TofP2 cells are filled with a lookup function. Then the SH, SC, and delta P cells are auto calculated. The COPstep4 is also calculated and gives a rough indication of how efficiency varies with time and tank temperature.

The odd temp results have been a puzzle to me for a long time. For example look at the 20 min data. The gas going from compressor to condenser is 130F at 292psi with a saturation temp of 140F. Seems to indicate that it is already starting to condense. The 16 F SC tells me the that it has fully condensed to liquid when it exits the condenser so that that seems about right.

It is possible that a bigger fan would raise the temp into condenser above the saturation temp which might help.

IdleMind is offline   Reply With Quote