View Single Post
Old 03-04-17, 09:18 AM   #19
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

Oh, and to add to the frustration, I'm not sure what to do about the well pumo I bought. It is a Myers HJ50-D (specifications PDF) (manual PDF).

It is a 2-pipe jet pump that didn't come with the jet/venturi/ejector/packer end. I bought a similar ejector, but it wouldn't bolt directly to the pump, as the holes, while the same dimensions, are offset a bit. Well, I was going to take care of that with two 1-1/4" male adapters, two 1" male adapters, then equal-length sections of 1-1/4" and 1" pipe (which would have allowed me to connect the two, separated by about a foot), but the damn holes on the ejector are too close to be able to install the male adapters side-by-side! So, I'll need to use barbed fittings (ugh) or some other method to connect.

Similarly, since my water level is about 20' subsurface, I'm also wondering if I should take advantage of my new 6' deep hole, and install the ejector down into the pit, which would increase pump efficiency. If I were to do that, though, either I'd encase all that in cement, or have to reduce the height of the seal.

This has been one hell of a frustrating experience thus far, and far more time-consuming than I'd have envisioned. It has been a hell of a learning experience, too, but... jeesh! I'm ready to be done, and to see how much water I can draw so I can then get to work designing or buying a heat pump. Even at that, I'm not sure how to determine how much I can get out... I guess pump until the well runs dry (if it does) while measuring flow rate, and see how long it takes to draw down, then limit the flow rate with a valve, to try to find the equilibrium point???

Then, there's the figuring out what to do about a well house, and its associated plumbing. Ugh.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote