EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-10, 01:21 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default what to do with old Vinyl siding

I just finished residing the front of my garage. Unfortunately, the siding was so old I had to go with a slightly different type of siding. I remove what old siding there was and its currently sitting in my garage. Does anyone where how I can dispose of this? I'd imagine its recyclable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-10, 10:47 PM   #2
Sid

I used some for edging my yard. I left 4 inches exposed and buried the remaining 8 inches. I use it as is at the base of fences. Where there is no fence, I put paving stones beside it, the stones on the side facing my neighbor's yard.

It has been quite effective in keep my neighbors grass out of my yard. I got rid of my grass over a year ago and have all either food producing or native plnats in my yard.
Old 09-20-10, 09:56 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

Bumping this since I was cleaning the garage over the weekend and still have it laying around...

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-10, 11:55 AM   #4
RobertSmalls
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Yep, PVC is recyclable, just like most plastics. Not terribly valuable, though: some companies tell you to landfill the PVC caps from PET bottles before you offer them up for recycling.

Call a few junkyards. You might not be able to get paid for your siding, but I bet they'll take it off your hands, grind and bale it, and sell it.

RobertSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote