View Single Post
Old 04-14-17, 10:04 AM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default Stuck in the garage with no good way out

I have a 20’ x 8’ garage door on my barn. It was opening part way when I helped it would open the whole way. I was going to adjust the door opener. This side of the garage does not have a door it has two windows in the back that latch on both sides so no one can break in.

When I go in to adjust it I close it with the switch that is ½ way down the wall maybe 15 ‘away from the door. Whack the spring on the one side breaks. I try to open the door it only opens a couple inches.

I was like no problem I pull release cable and get out of here. Will I pull the release and I cannot lift the door it is just too heavy without the spring helping. I did not see that coming. I think I can push the switch and help lift maybe it can get it open. I put two pieces 1 ¼” conduit together trying to push the switch and open the door. This did not work. I did have cell phone and I beeped saying low battery. My family is on spring vacation so I was on my own.

Then I went to the switch pushed the switch and put the conduit under the door. Pushed the switch it opened a couple more inches I pushed the conduit more At this point it was pushing the conduit down so I got a leg from a cherry picker and put it under the door I was able to do this a few cycles. I finally got the door open what it look like I could squeeze through that opening. I was able to get out and glad to be out of the garage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote