View Single Post
Old 10-31-10, 07:25 PM   #8
Daox
Administrator

Well, I did this tonight. I don't know how long its been since this was done, but wow... I thought it was going to be a relatively quick drain, wash and fill back up. No, not even close. I've been at it for about 2 hours now. I don't even have any idea how many gallons of water I've gone through trying to clean it out...

This was my 3rd or so bucket out of the heater.

Here are the first four buckets out from left to right.

After a while, I got smart and just grabbed the hose.

I finally got the water running pretty clear, so I unplugged the valve and filled it back up. Then, I had problems with the pressure relief valve leaking (and the drain of course). Got those fixed and opened up the faucet downstairs on the utility sink only to notice that the water was still cloudy red. So, as I type right now, that is just going going going. I'll definitely be doing this more often in the future as this was just ridiculous. Hopefully, I should see a good decrease in gas usage to my hot water though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 11-01-10 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: spelling
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote