View Single Post
Old 10-25-10, 06:08 AM   #47
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
The fan motors also produce heat, which will get sucked down the chimney, so it's sort of like adding a small electric heater.

I propose to box in the fans and add a mini-chimney which would suck air from the upper regions of the attic. Add a 180° bend at the end with a flap and filter, and the temp sensor should also be at that height. This set-up should help to keep the fans clean and the noise down.
BTW How noisy are the fans?

Very interesting idea, and I like it! I'll be taking a trip to the home improvement store tonight or tomorrow. I'll see if I can't find something premade that'll make this quicker and easier to put together.

The fans are pretty quiet. I don't anticipate hearing anything except air blowing through the vent when it is on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 10-25-10 at 06:12 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote