View Single Post
Old 10-25-10, 06:03 AM   #46
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
How much air do the fans move when they're running? How do you calculate that the fans are providing more than 100W worth of additional heat to the house, i.e. that you're getting more hot air with the fans running than a 100W heater would provide? I would think that there would be some crossover point where the higher temp of the attic air would offset the power consumption of the fans and you'd want to run the fans only then and above.
The fans push a fair amount of air. I have no way of measuring it though.

There will definitely be a crossover point where the fans will not be providing as much heat as they are pushing into the house. I will deal with this via the differential temperature controller. I'll probably start with a difference of 5 degrees F to start with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote