View Single Post
Old 01-17-18, 07:21 AM   #1
dcveem3
Lurking Renovator

Default I'm Don and it's been 3 weeks since I've had...

..a home project!! Yeah, ok, I need help. Seriously. I bounce from one activity to another about every 3-5 years. Well, I'm running out of years and after finishing a 5 year house renovation I'd like to get into a new endeavor. I'm looking at efficient living. Solar(grid-tied), Geothermal, Outdoor Boiler. Something else to dig into besides my regular job.

I don't want to be "off-grid"...just reduce my foot print so to speak. Funny. It's not really money driven. For example, I just cancelled my cable TV and went with OTA system and cable streaming. It has my monthly cost down to $122 down from $220.

Next, I'd like to find an alternate heat/cooling source for my location(South Central PA) and/or perhaps a change in heating/cooling altogether. Geothermal? Outdoor boiler?(I have 30 acres of woods surrounding me) Coal? Right now I'm running 2 brand new Heat pumps over Propane dual fuel systems...5 ton on the main floor and 3 ton on the second. They're both only 4 years old so I hate to dump them. I'm also thinking about solar power.

Sorry to talk your ear off. I'll be stealing some of your idea's as I move about the forum and probably ask some dumb questions too.

Thanks!
Don

dcveem3 is offline   Reply With Quote