View Single Post
Old 06-21-17, 08:23 AM   #4
Ator
Lurking Renovator

Default Paw-dhwm80znt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Nice find. Even better value. If you use hot water, the return on investment will be super short. I hope you keep this thread updated on the actual performance and running cost, maintenance issues, and such over time.
I'm going to hook the unit up to a kill-a-watt and will be posting my experiences. Would be great if this thread could give some extra info on this product group. There is very limited information on these units available on the internet.

The ROI is not going to be super fast, but the luxury of some extra cooling in the summer, instant hot water and the resale value of the unit make it worth a while.

Quote:
The picture looks real nice, but what do you really own? I saw Panasonic has been producing a line called Aquarea, which this product would fit into. What line and model number of product do you actually have?
The model is: PAW-DHWM80ZNT (The same unit is sold by Gorenje under the name TC80ZNT). This particular model is sold in 80,100 and 120L. I feel that 80L is more than plenty for our household. (2 Persons) Bigger units are not that much more expensive, but the compressor stays the same size. So the time to heat up increases.

Quote:
It would be nearly impossible for me to justify building a custom made unit if I could buy a new one for the price you quoted. For 100 euro, I would spend some of the savings on having the unit installed by a licensed contractor.
The install was surprisingly easy, basically just fix it onto a wall and hook up cold & hot water lines, safety valve and a condense water drain. I also put some noise damping material between the wall and the unit, but I'm not sure how much that actually helps. What still needs to be done is exhaust the cold air; however with summer I'm not in a rush.

It's also pretty difficult to find a contractor that knows his way around one of these units. Most of the Netherlands uses on-demand gas boilers and new houses use split-systems. This all made me decide to do it with a buddy of mine.
Ator is offline   Reply With Quote