View Single Post
Old 04-23-17, 08:29 AM   #6
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Ok, so doing some quick googling, I found out what these Senville units are. Senville has a building in Compton, CA and not much else. The company is a subsidiary of GT WORLD MACHINERIES INC. Based out of Montreal. Looking further, GTWMI imports air conditioners from Midea. Using batman logic, I would say the Senville units are of Midea design. Since Midea sells their own units, these Senville units are most likely not a bleeding-edge design, but rather dated technology. Good for reliability, maybe not so good for high efficiency.

Not trying to disrespect Senville or anything, but I imagine if I looked further, GTWMI probably has other subsidiary brands trademarked elsewhere in the world, and maybe even in 'merica. The only document on their website that shows a refrigerant cycle diagram shows capillary tubes as the metering device. Not bad for air conditioning, but the sub-zero performance stated is impossible with cap tubes. It is entirely possible that Senville is behind on their website, and the new units have some sort of PID control and electronic expansion valves and such in them. Then again, maybe not.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote