View Single Post
Old 04-21-17, 01:01 PM   #606
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Very nice. I did the math and we could pay off a 6k system in about 5 years as well. Unfortunately the volt, bolt etc don't fit our needs so we will run gas cars for a while longer. However a volt would work for loml for her airport car as she makes one round trip a week. But it'd have to be a beater car cause they get abused in the employee lot at the airport.

I am looking at possibly buying a small system and ground mount it as we are stuck here another two years as the company is taking too long to integrate and she doesn't want to move and have to commute to DFW.

Spent the last two weekends checking out between greenville and Charlotte and between Columbia and Charlotte. Some nice areas but I'm leaning toward NC as the taxes are appreciably lower there and allot more to choose from in housing and lower housing prices. As it it's SC is going to cost us a bunch more to live there and a comparable house is going to run 50 to 70k more than here in DFW. Oh and 10% tax on fast food is pricey...
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote