View Single Post
Old 12-04-16, 04:27 AM   #10
stevehull
Steve Hull

Well maybe I need to upgrade to an 80 series Fluke - but will I live long enough?

More seriously, this meter family is literally an investment.

A page should be set up that describes other truly essential equipment that are not costly. Yes, it would be "nice" to have a D-8 Caterpillar bulldozer and it may be the "best", but at nearly $200 K, I must rent that . . .

What say on general purpose stuff we all use?

I would love to know what brand of tool set (wrenches, sockets, etc) to buy now that Craftsman is no longer guarantying stuff for life and their quality has gone way down.

Kobalt?

My tools are not all lined up and shiny on the wall board for occasional twice a year job - they get USED. I repair my tractors, do most all maintenance on cars and on a livestock farm, you are often using a tool for a purpose it was not intended for.

Examples . . . I use a stubby flat blade screwdriver to dig out foot rot . . . My long screwdriver checks my electric fence wire - hot wire to ground needs to be a fat blue spark with a nice sharp snap noise - . . . . or you can accidentally brush against the hot wire and measure the decibels of your bellowing. The latter works well, but not recommended as it is hard to hold a dB meter while you are screaming.

Steve

Last edited by stevehull; 12-04-16 at 05:14 AM..
stevehull is offline   Reply With Quote