View Single Post
Old 12-07-09, 11:23 PM   #122
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Measuring Refrigerant Pressure in Sanyo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
Hey AC Hacker,
If you needed to measure the R410A pressure in your Sanyo, what would be the procedure?
And how would the cooling and heating modes effect the pressure readings at the service port?
Well Xringer, you're out of my league already.

I haven't tested the pressure on my unit yet... no need to it's working just fine.

But You might google the question and see what you come up with.

However, there should be a sticker on your unit that states what the working pressure is. It probably says something like Lo = 280 Hi = 425, that's is just a guess, it's about 20 degrees outside, and right now I'm inside, pretty cozy.

If the unit is not running, the pressure would eventually equalize. You'll want to measure the pressure when the unit is operating normally, not when it's doing a defrost cycle. When you start the unit up, the pressures change and will stabilize after about 10 to 20 minutes.

At this time, I'm not even sure where the service valves are. I looked for diagrams in the Service PDF, but didn't see anything.

I think that if you just measured the High side, it would tell you what you need to know.

When you remove the manifold hose, you'll lose a very small bit of refrigerant, not to worry, but do wear gloves & eye protection.

Are you having serious problems? Mine's working just dandy... this morning it was around 18 degrees here. My unit is working a bit harder, but I'd expect that.

Frost forming on the evaporator is normal, and so is the defrost cycle.

-AC_Hacker
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote