View Single Post
Old 06-06-16, 09:43 AM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default Mini split repair

My bedroom mini split is not cooling like the others I have same brand same BTU.
I started to notice it last week and did some testing. The outside fan was running I could hear the compressor coming on. If I turned down the thermostat enough it would put out 64 deg air the other ones would put out 40 deg air.
Today it is 74 in my bedroom and I have it set to 67 it is putting out 68 deg air. It is getting worse each day. It turns up the indoor fan knowing it needs to work harder to cool off the room.

Reading issues on the net my gut tells me maybe one of the flare fitting is leaking. What the best way to test this.

I still have nitrogen to pressure test it and I can order Freon off eBay to recharge it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote