View Single Post
Old 12-29-14, 06:05 PM   #6
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

I already happen to have an iPhone 5, so this thermal camera was the obvious choice.

I can see myself using this on all sorts of projects. For example:

General House - looking at insulation, heat escape through windows, around doors, around can lighting fixtures, etc.

Electric inefficiencies - hot spots on power strips, wall worts, circuit breaker, etc.

Solar Thermal - I have a solar hot water panel, which is mounted and half-plumbed (I have no idea where to put the tank! I have a small house!) seeing where and how that gets hot would be interesting

Solar PV - PV runs better when it's cold. Would be fun to compare summer vs winter performance using thermal imaging.

Electric Car - Look at how much heat is at the motor controller, motor, and electric connections, troubleshooting bad cells, etc.

Garage UPS Project - see how much heat is coming out of the transformer and the switching power components.

It's going to be fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
virginiajim (01-15-15)