View Single Post
Old 12-15-14, 10:11 AM   #5
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Yep, these are my favorite bulbs right now. I really like the 5000K bulbs - they are daylight, but sort of a nice sunny day daylight. The 2700K indoor color is a little on the warm side for me, but also a great bulb.

Of some of the minor differences I've seen between various bulbs, these are the best.

1) They do NOT have that large/heavy finned aluminum heat-sink, which is ugly and sometimes makes it hard to fit into certain fixtures.

2) They do NOT have "capacitor-delay". Some LED bulbs turn on a split second after you flip the light switch. Then, when you turn them off, they glow for a moment before going out.

3) Size/shape/direction of light are very close to incandescent.

None of those things are deal-breakers, but it's nice to have an energy-efficient bulb that works the way we expect it to. Especially when it's one of the least expensive LED bulbs as well!

Amazon has a special on a few bulbs right now through Christmas. The discount doesn't show up in your shopping cart - you have to be at the "review your order" stage of check-out.

The Home Depot Web Page has also been carrying these bulbs at good prices. Right now, it's $36 for the 6-pack with free shipping on $45 or above order or free ship to store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (12-15-14), Servicetech (12-20-14)