View Single Post
Old 06-02-14, 11:17 AM   #4
Semipro
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
If you continue on your quest to do a DIY refrigerant recovery unit (if I'm reading your post correctly) please take the time while you are doing it to take notes as you go, and to take lots of photos when you post your results.

The only thing that is remarkable about this site is that people like you have voluntarily published notes and photos of their successes and their failures in their DIY projects.

Good luck to you with all your projects!

Best,

-AC
Yes I'm working on a recovery unit. Back before it was required and I was an auto mechanic I recovered r-12 using a DIY unit. It was nothing more than a compressor and collection tank. I probably used it hundreds of times successfully. My plan now is to do something similar but with a heat exchanger after the compressor to cool the liquid freon. I may cool the tank too.
Anyway, I'm looking for the right compressor. I found a few window AC units at our local dump site but they're are full of freon and I fixed the electrical issues they had so now they work. First I have to find a way to recovery the freon from one of these or another appliance before I can scrounge the compressor. Strangely I'm finding my options very limited.
Semipro is offline   Reply With Quote