View Single Post
Old 02-12-12, 08:38 PM   #10
BradC
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc€x View Post
My intension was only to give a choice for temperary/quick raise of pressure.
Fully understand and appreciate that, however I felt the need to explain *what* would happen in enough detail as to prevent anyone who was attempting the procedure copping a face full of liquid LPG when they disconnected the hose.

It won't take long at all for liquid to start to condense in your lineset (like by the time you get the pressure to your target point they will be pretty much full).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc€x View Post

Acc. to ARI 700 standard there may be 0,5% condensebles left (other than HFC) in the system , .pdf 19/24
Yep, and allowances are all well and good, but of course the more non-condensibles you have in the system the less space you have in your condenser and the less efficient your system will be. Also, the less moisture you have in the system the longer it will last!

Buy, beg or borrow a Vacuum pump (they are certainly cheap enough).

Now, I recently bought a *good* micron gauge. I used to whack my Vac pump on a system for a couple of hours to suck it down. With the micron gauge, I noted it took over 24 hours to vac a system down below 500 microns with 5' 1/4" hoses.

Now this is a 7KW ducted heat pump, so it's not a small system, but it does go to show that longer is better than shorter!

Please don't let me discourage you. Your input is truly excellent, I just wanted to finish painting the picture a bit more.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote