View Single Post
Old 09-09-11, 08:56 AM   #126
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Well, I had a bit of a hiccup with the system over the weekend. I actually wasn't even home, but came home Sunday night and the blower was blowing. However, I also saw that the damper in the kitchen wasn't pusheed up as high as it normally is. So, I went to check things out and sure enough, one of the fans wasn't turning. I'll have to pull it out and see whats going on.
I climbed up into the attic last night and found out what the problem was. The armature of the motor was rubbing on the stator. I simply loosed up the bolts on the end and re-adjusted it. It didn't even look like it moved, but it was working fine after the adjustment.

Thus marks the first day of using the attic heat fan. I could have been using it a few day and or even a week earlier (~September 1). Its been in the 40s at night and up to the low 70s during the day. So, the house is having a bit of a hard time staying warm. It'll be interesting to see how long it'll be usable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote