View Single Post
Old 08-26-11, 12:02 AM   #8
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

I totally share your hesitation to use potable water for flushing! City water systems should have a second, parallel system with grey/untreated water for flushing, garden watering, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-F View Post
You know I have to pay more by volume for sewer than water? WTF?
Same here. And in my case the sewage portion of the bill will get even larger, since Poland (ie Poles) will get fined for not building enough sewage treatment plants since joining the EU. But the politicians who wasted that money on 'more important things' don't seem to care
Since the sewage volume is based on the amount of city water used, then to make a rainwater system legal it would have to have an extra meter for the rainwater going into the house. In your case it may be as easy as that, or you might have to go through a bunch of red tape, you should at least find out.

My rainwater system is just a bucket in which we carry water from our barrels behind the house to the downstairs bathroom. But I do plan to make something more permanent and then it'll get a meter During the colder months I sometimes wash my hands over a bucket and use the greywater to flush. A few greywater systems have been discribed here at ER.