View Single Post
Old 11-11-08, 02:28 AM   #1
lunarhighway
Lurking Renovator

Default taking the next step

I'm glad i discovered this place trough ecomodder, because haveing just bought a house with my girlfriend, i think the comming months there won't be much time to do anything to my car. But than again a house has a far greater potential for energy saveing.

the first thing to do will be setting up better insulation, but we also will be redoing the heating system.

we're considering some sort of a hybrid system with solar boilers for water heating, natural gas for heating the house, but with a pellet heater and the living room.

alternatively we're looking into a heat exchanger...a friend of mine installed one in his place but he's still remodeling the place as well so he's hesitant to recoment it as he's yet to see it in action himself

finally we're thinking about hooking up our washing machine and tiolet to a water well.

unfortunately out buget is... pretty well depleated since we've bought the house so we'll might not be able to pull off everything we'd like, but still it's an exhiting project to start on

lunarhighway is offline   Reply With Quote