View Single Post
Old 01-02-11, 02:23 PM   #1
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Default my 1 project per day goal

I decided that I want to get more done this year and actually record it so that I have some idea what it was that I finished. I'm a full time stay at home dad with my own business that I work at in the evenings as well as having a ton of home projects/hobbies that get a bit of time here and there. So I figure since I rarely ever have "free time" to just veg lets figure out where all of that time goes. The goal is to complete 1 "project" every single day of the year. They can be trivially small, or massively large but if it's going to take more then a single day to complete I'll break it up into smaller chunks so that something can be finished daily. If I'm having an extra productive day I'll list multiple things getting done. I won't be listing the regular day to day projects like getting the laundry/dishes/vacuuming done. If anyone else is interested in posting up like this feel free to use this thread, just put the date and what you did. I'm always interested in what everyone else is working on.

Jan 1 - setup "Remember the milk" to-do list software. I find I always have lots to do but keep forgetting about projects so I found this online, registered, setup the chrome extension to link it to gmail which I'm always in, then linked it to Tasque which gives me a desktop link to the same data. I started adding projects as well as day to day things I need to remember to do. Already lots in there.

Jan 2 - I took the empty topbar beehive I built last year down off of the roof. It was rushed to be ready in time for swarm season and I never got some things done on it. The swarms never came, although I did get serious interest from scout bees, so the hive still being empty it was time to get some work done on it. Todays task was to add a landing board since I think it will be interesting to see them on it. Then I primed the entire outside of the hive. 8 months outdoors without any paint on the wood had resulted in black mildew staining so I sanded it down first.

strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote